Tuesday, 31 August 2010

Living a simple free life,bureaucrats,jealousy and where do you go to the toilet ? , rose tinted glasses and some wee pictures . living FREE FREE FREE FREE

Before i start with today’s post i thought you might like to see some pictures i managed to get yesterday on a wee wander up the hills at the back of us ..

2010-08-30 2010-08-301 2010-08-302


2010-08-303 2010-08-304 2010-08-305

2010-08-306 2010-08-307 2010-08-308

A TIME TO THINK and regroup my beliefs
2010-08-309 2010-08-3013 2010-08-3014

2010-08-3018 2010-08-3022 2010-08-3023

With myself and dogs  exhausted after our long walk yesterday i was glad to hit the pit after several hours online catching up with emails etc ,so at 4.30am all quiet descended on the wee hovel high in the mountains ….

This morning i was wakened by the sound of Mel outside talking to someone and i lay there for several minutes trying to listen to the conversation and through a still half sleepy blurr i realised it was someone from the council.
I dragged myself out my bed and got dressed and opening the window i asked Mel to open the door ( which we close when visitors come to keep Dylan at bay )

With eyes still trying to peel themselves open from sleep ,i listened as it was explained that someone had text the council to complain that i had been writing on my blogs about living free and that they weren’t happy.

So after A YEAR AND A HALF Bureaucracy comes calling and with Democracy in full flow the fact that one single person can complain that then  sets the wheels rolling has never surprised me ,so with the usual questions age, name etc etc and the one that always gets me
WHERE DO YOU GO TO THE Toilet ????? being my my favourite ,i was asked if i use chemicals which i don’t and i am proud that i simply shit in a bucket then lovingly return it to the earth but as always that answer is greeted with a look of disgust . so much better to cover the earth in proper blue chemical ..

with this ringing in my ears i then started to waken up as always the man from the council appears with a smile ( this never fools me) and after a conversation in which i was told that i see things through rose tinted glasses a phrase that stirs me up and always has ,so quick to judge then pin me down

Far from rose tinted the life that we have both lived has made certain that our eyes are wide open and if truth be said i would rather have rose tinted specs on than be BLIND to life ..

While listening to the red-tape man it was hard to concentrate the mountains where looking incredible a buzzard glides past truly free and calls out ,and the thought that we are travelling at thousands of miles per hour around the sun and at the same time the whole system spins in the wonder that is space just made me smile as always ( sorry just the daft old git waffling on again)

To the women that has been reading my blogs that then text the council :
I am sorry that my lifestyle and beliefs have upset you .The fact that i try to live a FREE life , I WILL NEVER change the fact that i talk about the use of alternative energy enabling me to not have any electric bills or the fact that i collect my water and thus no water bill, or the fact that i recycle all my rubbish saving the council a wee bit ,and at the same time tidying  all the laybys from Braemore to Aultguish i will not stop talking about this
I pay my way …


The one point that is always hurled at us the fact that we don’t pay council tax , i have asked countless councils to pay tax and always just get told to sod of but in a more formal way , i have always said that they can introduce a TRAMP TAX OR FREE SPIRIT tax and i will happily pay that along with my other bills.

I served 6 years in the British army for queen and country and although i was nor involved in a war .I have had this hurled at me by both family and people in general ,the fact is i got of my arse and signed up and if i had been asked  to fight i would have laid down my life for the country ( although nowadays my whole opinion on the army has changed ( just pawns for the rich gits ) and for people that sit at home and spout their opinions from a cosy armchair by the fire , while soldiers die in muck and guts and are then spat at on return home ( although this has changed a lot in the last few years )

I have along with my wife worked in various jobs including driving careworker and many more and because the money we earned was invested in solar ,windpower ,tools etc instead of the latest shoes or holiday etc don’t you dare have a go at me because we are able to take life at an easy pace , the fact that i listened to my old gran and have no debt as i refused to join in the plastic card society don’t then have a go when you are in debt up to your bloody neck if i sacrificed the holidays for a sustainable debt free life then i am sorry but sod off and pay your credit card and keep your opinions to yourself i say .

I now take care of my wife ,who after several battles with cancer and the ongoing affects from chemo and radiotherapy just wants to live a free from stress life as far as possible (god there s that word again FREE) life and i will do all i can to give her it..

I work hard now with musicians ,artists ,business’s etc to get the word out how wonderful Scotland is. and if i can in any way help someone to keep there business going through people visiting my blogs ,films,and pictures then at least i feel i am giving back to Scotland in some little way …

so wherever you are today reading this GO for your dreams and NEVER let them grind you down

peace and light from the wee fat bald FREE dafthermit xx

So now we wait for the eviction process to begin … ( should be a good wee film at least for next years Loch Ness film festival)

LONG LIVE FREEDOM , ONE LIFE

and today i will be setting up a “TRAMP TAX / FREE SPIRIT TAX we want to pay the community tax campaign”

what some of my friends think on Facebook click to sit with some kind people


Follow by Email

Subscribe Now: iheart

I heart FeedBurner

GIVE SCOTLAND AND HER PEOPLE OUR WATERS BACK NOW

Buzz button

If you like my blog please vote here , many thanks

HATE FREE HIGHLANDS

OOR HAME IN THE HIGHLANDS

OOR HAME IN THE HIGHLANDS

Travellers Times

Help

Hi, if you have enjoyed your time here on my wee blog , and you would like to help me keep this blog going then click the donate and send 20p

Love and light

A wee film about us on STVs the HOUR SHOW click on STV logo to see the film

A wee film about us on STVs the HOUR SHOW click on STV logo to see the film
Andy the Daft Hermit lives 45 minutes outside Inverness with his wife Mel in an old bus parked in a layby. This current home of theirs is the longest they have ever stayed in one spot. “I’ve been travelling now 25 years,” said Andy Lowe. “Mel’s been travelling 15. One of the reasons we’ve come and stayed up here is because of Mel’s health. I wanted to bring her to the mountains for fresh air and clean water and just a slower pace of life.” Mel has had breast cancer twice, skin cancer once, and for three years believed she had bone cancer after being wrongly diagnosed. Andy’s belief in the restorative powers of the north made them pack up ‘The Black Bus’ that they live in and cross the border into Scotland. New Highland home for hermit couple Andy and Mel “I think we both believe in trying to get to a more simple way of life,” said Andy, “but it’s strange for us because we are sort of hermits, or we like to live separate, but it’s not being anti-social… it’s just the way we are that allows us to be creative.” Andy first began travelling when he left the army. Fed up with bureaucracy he packed a rucksack and left for France and has been travelling ever since. By investing any money the couple have earned into solar panels and wind generators they now live a self-sustaining existence, without electric bills, and collect rain water “straight from Heaven”. “It’s not easy,” said Mel. “There might be time when there might not be enough facilities around, but you always find a way, you know?” Rather than rejecting technology, Andy blogs about his travels online and collaborates with artists from around the world via his ‘Scratchy Heid Film Studio’, which he runs from a static trailer next to the couple’s bus. He explained his philosophy: “My belief is that if you can go through life and you drop dead and you’ve got a balance there that slightly outweighs the good than the bad, you’ve done alright. “Yesterday, with what Mel’s been through with the cancer and all that, I had a woman on one of my sites there that thanked me for the writing, for the positive things, and to me that’s worth everything. You can keep your millions, we’re not interested. That is what we do.” To check out Andy’s artwork and video projects check out his website. MORE FROM THE NORTH

Loch Ness film festival

Loch Ness film festival
On Facebook

Northern Lights

Northern Lights
By submitting your story you could win £2500, and we have lots of smaller cash awards up for grabs so don't forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook to be the first to learn about them. You can also put yourself in the running to be our Best Ambassador by talking about us and tagging us @wernlights on Twitter or @wearenorthernlights on Facebook.

Creative Boom Scotland

Spreading love and peace

Share/Save/Bookmark

BlogUpp!

Scottish Independence TV

Scottish Independence TV
This group has been set up to raise awareness of Scottish Independence in the run up to the 2014 referendum. We also welcome groups that support Palestine, Wales, Catalonia, The Basque and a United Ireland. We promote healthy debate on this group feel free to add your friends or anyone you think may be interested in the topics discussed here. We will also be setting up a youtube channel so anyone who can make decent videos message the admin. Twitter accounts and Blogspot pages will also be linked to this group so watch this space! Saor Alba!

counter


View My Stats

Blogged

BlogThisHere.com

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Theblackbus

Greenpeace

Blog Top Sites

Personal Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Helping Ordinary People Create Extraordinary Lives!

Helping Ordinary People Create Extraordinary Lives!
click on pic..

Frog Blog

Frog Blog
Catherine

Medicine

Medicine
Sally Hope

Greenpeace UK